cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal in my village

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have lived in my village (Hawkinge in Kent) for 7 years and I have NEVER been able to get a signal. According to the coverage checker everything is hunky dory. Well I can assure you it's not! Can someone be sent to check the coverage and at least update the the coverage checker as it's a load of cobblers!!!

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think their complaint is about the coverage checker being totally wrong
Message 11 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe the main gripe is this "According to the coverage checker everything is hunky dory. Well I can assure you it's not! Can someone be sent to check the coverage and at least update the the coverage checker as it's a load of cobblers!!!"

If someone checks before taking out a contract and is shown good coverage only to be left with next to no coverage then one can understand the fallout from that.

Not everyone thinks to try out Payg SIM cards beforehand or may not know people in that area to ask.
Message 12 of 32

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

Coverage checkers are notoriously inaccurate. Most have disclaimers. No network will ever guarantee 100% coverage in a particular area, even if the coverage checker says there should be a signal.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
That would lead to what's the point of having this service at all then ?
Message 14 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can see the ops annoyance while I understand that coverage checkers are not guaranteed there is a big difference between saying good coverage and providing next to none
Message 15 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where's the disclaimer situated on o2's Status Checker Page ?

http://status.o2.co.uk/

http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

Ive seen this on anther link "This map is a prediction of outdoor coverage. Data reception and speeds may not be as good indoors or in a car. Radio-based mobile technologies can also be affected by local factors including buildings, trees and even weather conditions. This map is just a guide and does not guarantee signal coverage.  You can also check for live network updates in affected areas by visiting our network status page "

Message 16 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is there bob it says this map is only a guide and does not guarantee a signal it's on the coverage checker not the status page
Message 17 of 32

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

The coverage checker for the OP's village says only good 2G coverage. It says the same on EE's and Vodafone's coverage checker. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 18 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It is there bob it says this map is only a guide and does not guarantee a signal it's on the coverage checker not the status page

It is in the T&C and in the second link but not on the service checker page which most people check and where we usually direct people to.

I quote "To find out the what’s happening in your area, right now, use our network checker below.

We monitor this site 24/7 and use the data from your check to tell us if there are any problems that we’re not already fixing. It’s rare that we’re not already on it, but we like to be sure."

Message 19 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree but that is not a coverage checker it is clearly stated on the coverage checker page the status page is just for current problems not long term checking
Message 20 of 32