Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal / boostbox

Dominicbenn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am moving to a new house and have just found that I get no signal inside the property I believe this is because the walls are so thick, this means I get no phone calls or text messages.

I have read that you can get a boostbox that can solve this problem but I’m struggling to find out how I can buy one. Does anyone know how I can do this or if there is another device I can purchase that will work in the same way ?

Thank you
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Dominicbenn 

O2 will sell you one but only if you are on a business account.

It's no good to just buy one off eBay either as O2 need to whitelist your number to use one, and they won't do that unless bought from them.

The consumer solution is WiFi calling on compatible phones. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Dominicbenn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ah that’s a pain, they should not really advertise it as for home use as I don’t imagine many home users are on a business account.

I assume WiFi calling is just that, I still won’t be able to get text messages in ?

Does anyone make a device that will over come this do you know ?

Thanks for your reply
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Dominicbenn 

The closest you'll get is an iPhone which will receive other imessages on WiFi, but not an SMS from none iPhone users.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4