Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal and no messaging now that the WiFi app chopped

ducatiman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I took out my latest cotract with O2 having been infiormed that they were introducing a WiFi app that enabled me to use the phone while at home, our signal here being virtually non existent.

O2 late last year decided to can the app so I'm now screwed, apparently there is no alternative app and my phone isn't suitable for any other means of connecting while at home (which is where I work)

Can't see that O2 have a leg to stand on if I decide to cancel the contract, thewy haven't offered a solution to the problem so in effect are unable to offer the service for which they are charging me.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Any supplementary apps that are available are not part of your contract and O2 are within the rights to remove them at any stage.

I would go through Customer Service and explain the issues you have regarding signal and keep pressing them for a solution, they could offer you a boostbox for example. Alternately depending how long is left in your contract they may let you go (but no guarantees).

Incidentally if you're on a refresh contract you can pay off your handset and leave with the standard notice period or with use of your PAC code without penalty

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Many threads in here about this issue and sadly ofcom have rules in favour of o2.
Cancelling without going through complaints will just land you with a default and a debt.
Proper complaints process on link
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Any supplementary apps that are available are not part of your contract and O2 are within the rights to remove them at any stage.

I would go through Customer Service and explain the issues you have regarding signal and keep pressing them for a solution, they could offer you a boostbox for example. Alternately depending how long is left in your contract they may let you go (but no guarantees).

Incidentally if you're on a refresh contract you can pay off your handset and leave with the standard notice period or with use of your PAC code without penalty
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@ducatiman As said, do not just cancel the contract without going through the proper procedure.

If you need to be contacted at home for work purposes, you really should have a land line. No mobile signal is 100% reliable or guaranteed, so if you need service at home for work, a land line is the only certainty.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

ducatiman
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was sold the contract on the basis that the WiFi app would give me connectivity, I wouldn't have renewed otherwise.  O2 are a shables.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're saying the same thing as a few million others.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6