Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Laffer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is any body having service problems? Since paying my bill thur 15/08 @ 08.00 my mob got cut off completely, when people call me all they get is the number you have dialled is not recognised, 4th day now without service, rang them yesterday and they apologised and gave me £8 compensation lol lol £8!!! Even thou I've had to buy a pay as u go so I can make calls, and they still can't give me a date that I will be able to use my mobile , not good and for that £8 compo that's a joke!!
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Laffer 

Keep checking here https://status.o2.co.uk/  and you can download the My Network app to keep reporting the issue https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 25

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Laffer  Do you pay your bill by Direct Debit? If you don't, you should set it up to avoid problems like this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 25

Michaela
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I upgraded my phone yesterday and have the same issue.. can’t even use my new phone. O2 have told me it’s an issue with ‘some accounts’ won’t be rectified for 4-5 days so in the mean time I now have two phones I can’t use when the phone I had before the upgrade worked perfectly fine! I’ve not even been offered any compensation this is appalling service on o2’s behalf!
Message 4 of 25

Laffer
  • 25 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes mate I was told exactly the same, accounts that had upgrades, bars lifted etc etc have been affected, if I was you I'd be asking for compo, but even that £8 I got don't cover the inconvenience and defo don't cover having to buy a pay as you go, and don't even bother going onto live chat to solve the issue I spent about 3 hrs going round in circles u need speaking to someone over the phone , but then again that took awhile, because there was some work being done on a tower in my post code they kept putting my no service down on that work which it wasn't, it wasn't untill that work was sorted they started listening to me, really they made out that I didn't know what I was talking about! It happened thur morning15/08 and took till last nite for them believe me when I said I've not got no service, no line, wasn't helpful at all!!!!!
Message 5 of 25

Laffer
  • 25 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Michaela
Sorry to bother you, but just asking has your service come back on yet?? My 5th day now and not getting any answers from o2 , they said they don't know when it will be back on.
Message 6 of 25

miw
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep I have no service after an upgrade to add a bolt on , on my iphone.

Told it will be 5 days to fix,  Whaaaat.    I have had no explanation ,  and spent all day sunday 18th August 2019 on the phone to o2.

Spoke to an 02 rep this morning, given a case number and told a fix in 5 days.  

The rep was not listining to me and blamed the network, my phone.   my phoned and service was ok  till o2 did somthing.

I still have no service, 

Message 7 of 25

Laffer
  • 25 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ya it's my 6th day now and yes they keep blaming work on a tower at my post code , no explanation and no date when we get it back!! Outrageous
Message 8 of 25

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Laffer and @Michaela!

I'm really sorry to hear you've all had some trouble with your phones over the past few days - I've just heard back on my end that there was a problem in the backend that affected some customers that upgraded or changed tariffs, and this has been resolved now. Could you please try to turn your phone off and on again, and let me know if you are still experiencing this so we can look into it further for you?

That being said, it is also worth checking https://status.o2.co.uk/ as mentioned previously by other members in case some mast work is being done near you, in which case all the latest update will be available on that link.

Thanks for the mention @jonsie! slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 25

Michaela
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Tried turning off & on, still no signal. Day 4 of this mess and still no one knows how to sort it out! Been told multiple times it’s a mast in my area when it definitely isn’t as no one else has this issue but me! Getting fed up now 🙄
Message 10 of 25