Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,306

Re: No service in Myanmar

Burma  (as it was) is one of those countries where mobile usage can be very limited. I had problems there even though I was on contract. I ended up with a local sim card but had to present my passport...quaint.

Anonymous

Yes, roaming switched on. Pay monthly user. iPhone 5s. Works as expected in Bangkok during transfer to Myanmar. Do O2 have a roaming agreement with MPT, Telenor, or Ooredoo - the three networks in Myanmar?

Anonymous

iPhone 5s with roaming switched on. Pay monthly user.
Works as expected in Bangkok during transfer to Myanmar. Do O2 have a roaming agreement with MPT, Telenor, or Ooredoo - the three networks in Myanmar?
Anonymous

Pay monthly user, with roaming switched on. iPhone 5s. Works as expected in Bangkok during transfer to Myanmar. Do O2 have a roaming agreement with MPT, Telenor, or Ooredoo - the three networks in Myanmar?
Anonymous

Local Sim doesn't work in iPhone 5s. Tried it.
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

[ Edited ]

Have you had the phone unlocked by O2, so it will work with another network, otherwise a local sim won't work?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Topics: 574
Solutions: 16,178

Contract Customers should be able to use MPT network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Anonymous

No, I haven't tried that. Is there a particular team I need to approach in O2 to get that done? And are there any side effects/implications?
Anonymous

Sadly not, in my experience (7 visits in past 12 months)
Topics: 574
Solutions: 16,178

Guide to unlocking phone here which will allow the use of any other networks sim card.
Nothing else will be effected on the phone http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)