cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service in Myanmar

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't get service when in Myanmar. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Burma  (as it was) is one of those countries where mobile usage can be very limited. I had problems there even though I was on contract. I ended up with a local sim card but had to present my passport...quaint.

Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, roaming switched on. Pay monthly user. iPhone 5s. Works as expected in Bangkok during transfer to Myanmar. Do O2 have a roaming agreement with MPT, Telenor, or Ooredoo - the three networks in Myanmar?

Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
iPhone 5s with roaming switched on. Pay monthly user.
Works as expected in Bangkok during transfer to Myanmar. Do O2 have a roaming agreement with MPT, Telenor, or Ooredoo - the three networks in Myanmar?
Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pay monthly user, with roaming switched on. iPhone 5s. Works as expected in Bangkok during transfer to Myanmar. Do O2 have a roaming agreement with MPT, Telenor, or Ooredoo - the three networks in Myanmar?
Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Local Sim doesn't work in iPhone 5s. Tried it.
Message 15 of 21

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Have you had the phone unlocked by O2, so it will work with another network, otherwise a local sim won't work?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 16 of 21

MI5
  • 143428 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Contract Customers should be able to use MPT network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, I haven't tried that. Is there a particular team I need to approach in O2 to get that done? And are there any side effects/implications?
Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sadly not, in my experience (7 visits in past 12 months)
Message 19 of 21

MI5
  • 143428 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Guide to unlocking phone here which will allow the use of any other networks sim card.
Nothing else will be effected on the phone http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 21