cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone signal in house on s8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all. I’ve never had any issues with getting a phone signal in my house, until what seems is the last update. Now I get 4g all over my local town but can’t get anything at all I does at home! I’ve had two occasions now where my daughters school has tried to contact me with no luck because I don’t have any signal. I’m also missing texts from work! This needs to change or else I’m done with o2.

please, any ideas would be great. Tried looking at settings and according to the o2 website , I should get good 4G indoors!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Indoor signals can always be hit and miss due to lots of reasons.
Try the phone in 2g (GSM) only indoors and see if it improves.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@AnonymousYou could also try downloading Tu and using it over WiFi..https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

NBH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You can request wifi calling from the My O2 app. Go to device details at the bottom and request it.

Then download and install the august software update and you can turn on WiFi calling so you can use your home WiFi network so make and receive phone calls. I don't know if it also works for text messages.

It is in settings, connections, WiFi calling is the second one down.
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Unfortunately not for texts, yet.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous! Welcome to our forum slight_smile and sorry to hear about the signal issues. Did any of the above suggestions work for you? Please let us know how you're getting on!

Thanks @Cleoriff@NBH and @MI5 for your help!

Message 6 of 6