Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No one answering 202 calls?

JMI
Level 1: Joiner
  • 28 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, For whatever reason, 02 have removed the details of my bank account for my direct debit (been paying them no problem for the last ??? years by DD) which resulted in no payment being taken for my monthly bill.  Luckily I noticed after a few days and saw that my account has suddenly become 'cheque payment'????

I have tried for the last 4 days to get through to 202 to ask what is going on and get them to put the details back on my account - but a message asks me to press 1 if my phone is lost, otherwise check the website - then hangs up on me!!  You cannot re enter the bank details online (like other Nationa companies allow) - so I have to speak to someone to get it done.

Fantastic customer service for a COMMUNICATIONS company, as they are refusing to communicate!!

I am so annoyed about this as I do not want to keep having to remember pay by account via a credit card each month.  Is it just me, or is anyone else having this problem that 202 are just not answering the phones?

Is there a problem, or have they just given up on customer service?  I would be interested to know if anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks

Jean

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JMI 

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

JMI
  • 28 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Perfect, thank you. I will try that tomorrow - Day 5

Still a very very poor way to carry on 😔
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We all agree 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

JMI
  • 28 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
sadly, that still hangs me up.....bloody people! Grrrr....
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Keep trying......

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6