Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network

Trevor2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My original contract with O2 has come to an end.  I've bought a new contract via a third party on O2 (much cheaper per month than O2!!).  I've spoken with O2 about transferring my original number to the new phone.  They confirmed on sunday that this would take 24 hours to process.

As it stands, I now have a new phone with no network coverage.  Is this normal so late after requesting the change?

Should I have transferred the original SIM card into the new phone? 

Does anybody know what could possibly causing the complete lack of network coverage for the new phone?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Trevor2 

They probably transferred your new contract to your old sim so check if that is working with your new contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
You can't port same number from o2 to o2
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes you can.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@b4u2 wrote:
You can't port same number from o2 to o2

Read this @b4u2 . https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

and this Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6