Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

No network following number swap

Anyone had to wait 5 days for any network coverage following number swap?
Highlighted
Level 64: Magistrate

Re: No network following number swap

@Antb  You can call customer service from any phone on 0800 032 1402. 

Have you tried switching your phone off and back on?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread
Highlighted

Called customer service on Tuesday said there was a fault could take up to 5 days to resolve but usually ok in 48 hours tried switching on/off multiple times every day
Highlighted
Topics: 541
Solutions: 11,954

@Antb 

You may possibly have a faulty sim card.

I'd call into your local o2 shop to see if they can activate a new sim for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Level 11: Motivator

@Antb 

Did the SIM log onto the network ok before the port started? (that is, did it come up with O2-UK)?

Had issues myself when moving my number between services but in my case it's often been a split port (ported in number displays when I dial out but can't receive calls or texts in)

Have had a similar issue to you when helping a relative move their number onto O2, if the SIM worked before the port started it's unlikely to be the SIM itself, in that case it took them about a week to rectify.

Might also be worthwhile talking to the provider you are porting from to see if the port is considered complete from their end

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 2 76 Mbps Down/18 Mbps up (upgraded for homeworking),
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @Antb , it would be great to hear how you're getting on with this - any progress yet with your number swap after the weekend? Smiley Happy

โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
โ†’ Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
โ†’ Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted

Apologies for the delay it came back on line Tuesday, looks like I just had to wait the 5-days out just seemed excessive. It was strange that it actually worked for a few days with the number I wanted to keep before it lost total service ๐Ÿค”