Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network following number swap

Antb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Anyone had to wait 5 days for any network coverage following number swap?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Antb
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Apologies for the delay it came back on line Tuesday, looks like I just had to wait the 5-days out just seemed excessive. It was strange that it actually worked for a few days with the number I wanted to keep before it lost total service 🤔

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Antb  You can call customer service from any phone on 0800 032 1402. 

Have you tried switching your phone off and back on?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Antb
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Called customer service on Tuesday said there was a fault could take up to 5 days to resolve but usually ok in 48 hours tried switching on/off multiple times every day
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Antb 

You may possibly have a faulty sim card.

I'd call into your local o2 shop to see if they can activate a new sim for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Antb 

Did the SIM log onto the network ok before the port started? (that is, did it come up with O2-UK)?

Had issues myself when moving my number between services but in my case it's often been a split port (ported in number displays when I dial out but can't receive calls or texts in)

Have had a similar issue to you when helping a relative move their number onto O2, if the SIM worked before the port started it's unlikely to be the SIM itself, in that case it took them about a week to rectify.

Might also be worthwhile talking to the provider you are porting from to see if the port is considered complete from their end

Message 5 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Antb , it would be great to hear how you're getting on with this - any progress yet with your number swap after the weekend? slight_smile

Message 6 of 7

Antb
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Apologies for the delay it came back on line Tuesday, looks like I just had to wait the 5-days out just seemed excessive. It was strange that it actually worked for a few days with the number I wanted to keep before it lost total service 🤔
Message 7 of 7