cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile internet (Possible ban)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently switched from an Android phone to a Nokia Lumia 1520, since Friday I have had no success in getting a mobile internet connection. WiFi works fine and I haven't changed any of the APN settings, I have tried resetting all sync options and removing and adding all accounts active on my phone.

Does anyone know of anything else I should be trying to get a successful connection or find out if and why I have had a block on my mobile internet?

*edit*

I am a Pay and Go customer.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I contacted Customer Support in the end, it turns out an automatic filter had blocked my mobile internet due to suspected tethering. I don't tether but everything has been resolved.

Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ShaDub

Thank you for your update and it's good to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Take care.

slight_smile
Message 12 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149448 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Since when has tethering been banned ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 20

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Since when has tethering been banned ?

on pay as you go ? from the op

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know of People jail breaking to tether and then services being suspended but that's GiffGaff

@Toby what's the viewpoint from O2 on tethering on payg if they found out ?
Message 15 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149448 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
What difference would it make to ban tethering on a data limited or PAYG tariff - That's the confusing bit ?
Also, we are talking about a Nokia Lumia not a iPhone so illegally dodging carrier file settings are not an issue....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 20

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Toby can you clarify that tethering is still only open to pay monthly customers and not PAYG and that bis a company policy decision

I agree with @MI5 that this restriction should be removed and let payg users use the data the way they want

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 20

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

I can clarify that tethering is only available to Pay Monthly members at this time.

However as many of you know O2 regularly reviews their allowances and tariffs so if anything changes on this front, you'll be the first to know.

I hope that clears things up!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes thank you Toby.

It would be nice to have tethering on Payg at some point. slight_smile
Message 19 of 20

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
I can understand that BoB wink
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 20 of 20