Travel Inclusive Zone Bolt On
No data!
Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

Technojock
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2I thought this issue had been resolved... Am now even more keen to understand the nature of the 'fix' which has been applied (or not) in advance of my next trip to the USA in November. Am still very sceptical and nervous of assuming O2 data will work!

Message 91 of 109

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd take a Three PAYG sim with me or get a local data sim if data is a priority for you. Based on the reports seen on here, I wouldn't trust it to be fixed either!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 92 of 109

Carlee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Technojock it's definitely not fixed. The person who called me from O2 confirmed that they know there are still problems with it (and yet they are still selling it). It'll work for a few minutes and then it'll go off for the rest of the day. And that is with the "fix" in place on the account.
Does anyone know if this also happens when travelling in the EU? Going to Czech Rep next year and not wanting to go through the same
Message 93 of 109

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I've not had any problems in EU but I have seen a couple of posts on here complaining about it.
Not as much as the Travel Inclusive issue though......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 94 of 109

Scooty997
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had no problem in Portugal in July but exactly the same issue as yourself in the USA roughly 10 days ago. It was very good in Portugal to be fair, fast 4G. Shame their Travel Inclusive zone is so bad!!
Message 95 of 109

crazdgrunt99
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How did Three work for you? In terms of video streaming and other apps.

Message 96 of 109

Scooty997
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
3 was good for social media and loading videos on those apps such as Snapchat and Facebook, but struggled largely with YouTube so I wouldn’t reccomend for streaming. Perfect for light usage. Miles better than O2s awful inclusive zone.
Message 97 of 109

crazdgrunt99
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply appreciated slight_smile

Message 98 of 109

Jojolo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is an old topic, but I’m wondering if anyone has updated info on this?

I switched to O2 last month to a tariff with Travel inclusive.  Arrived in Florida a few days ago and  the data speeds are AWFUL.  0.5 Mbps max.

I am out of my 14 days cooling off period too which is very annoying!

More info

Message 99 of 109

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No update.
It's still unusable and capped at 0.5mbps.

Currently using:
Message 100 of 109