cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data on 4G, only 3G at BS15LF for last 6 months all devices and sims

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ever since 4g went live about  in the BS1 area phones connect at 4G they rarely get any data. Switching to 3G manually on a phone and you get a decent connection speed.

To confirm I've tested this on my sim in serveral hand sets. I've also got many other people at this site to do that same from iPhones, HTC, Sony, Windows Mobile and other brands.

So its not my account, its not my sim and its too many brands to be a handset fault. According the coverage map 4G at this site (BS1 5LF) is good indoor and out on 4G. We all connect at 4G fine but no data (well once in a while you get a tiny bit...) but 3G is good.

Is this ...

A congestion problem ? (Several large offices in the area)

The coverage maps are wrong ?

Or we all have faulty sims and handsets ? 🙂

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149342 Posts
  • 682 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Either congestion or it's not working properly.
Use the My Network app to report it and get as many others as you can to do the same.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 149342 Posts
  • 682 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Either congestion or it's not working properly.
Use the My Network app to report it and get as many others as you can to do the same.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 149342 Posts
  • 682 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the app thanks.

On 3g I get 8mpbs down and on 4g it fails as no data....

I've reported and will get others to do the same.

Message 4 of 4