cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data as soon as we leave the house (BA14 Trowbridge area)

Anonymous
Not applicable

This first became apparent a few years ago, I think as long ago as 2012.  As soon as I would leave the house, next to no signal, none of the apps able to connect to my data plan.  I'm pay monthly 3g O2 600 24 month tariff.

It's not my phone... My wife is also on o2 pay monthly and with her iphone 6 plus was also not able to get any data connection.  We were out today for about 4 hours and not once were we able to connect.  Same thing yesterday and the same over the past 3 years.

Our monthly data plan is therefore a waste of money.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Are you sure you both have data enabled and the correct apn's?
What did the status checker say you should get?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous

I've just had a look at the area and you are more than likely using the "Castle Place Trowbridge" mast.

Not only it's a bit far away from where you are but it has capacity issues .

It has been going on since late 2013 and from what I can see there is not estimated fix at the moment...:(...Hopefully when the 4G goes ahead it will be fixed for good.

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank for replies.

Yes, I think 2013 was when it took a nosedive.  I know it's not my phone or any settings on my android because my wife has exactly the same problem now she's on o2 with her iphone 6 plus.  We have two completely different phones but both on o2 monthly plan.  My phone had no issues connecting to data while I was on AT&T last year in New York (My s3 is unlocked).

I have a whole bunch of free sim cards coming now from Virgin, Yodafone, EE, Asda (Asda and Virgin both use EE network right?).

One mystery though is that a friend of mine who also lives in Trowbridge uses GiffGaff and hasn't reported any issues.  He sometimes picks of 4g.   Giffgaff uses o2 network so I would have thought he would also have similar issues?  

Message 13 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

If there are mast issues that have been going on since 2013, you certainly have cause for a complaint to O2, and possibly some sort of gesture from them because of your lack of coverage. Definitely check out the sims from the other networks, and see if any of them are any better. You might want to get one from Three as well, as they will soon be taking over the O2 network.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
From what you say it sounds like the typical 3g capacity issues that people are suffering from all over the country, but, if 4g is already in your area it won't be getting any better in the short term either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 15