cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data as soon as we leave the house (BA14 Trowbridge area)

Anonymous
Not applicable

This first became apparent a few years ago, I think as long ago as 2012.  As soon as I would leave the house, next to no signal, none of the apps able to connect to my data plan.  I'm pay monthly 3g O2 600 24 month tariff.

It's not my phone... My wife is also on o2 pay monthly and with her iphone 6 plus was also not able to get any data connection.  We were out today for about 4 hours and not once were we able to connect.  Same thing yesterday and the same over the past 3 years.

Our monthly data plan is therefore a waste of money.

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous

I've just had a look at the area and you are more than likely using the "Castle Place Trowbridge" mast.

Not only it's a bit far away from where you are but it has capacity issues .

It has been going on since late 2013 and from what I can see there is not estimated fix at the moment...:(...Hopefully when the 4G goes ahead it will be fixed for good.

Hope this helps slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Why are you still with O2 if you haven't had any data for three years? Have you queried this with Customer Service before, or is this the first time you have complained about it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Check what you should be receiving at status.o2.co.uk

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't using the data much until recently but I did call o2 about it 3 years ago actually when I was outside and having problems connecting to anything.  It's fine for text and calls, always have good signal there but no data connectivity as soon as I leave the house. This drop in connectivity occurred round about the same time my o2 plan changed.  For the 3 years prior to that it was great.

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

No, it's http://status.o2.co.uk/

If you're trying to use data more often and O2 can't provide what you need, maybe it's time to see what the other networks can give you. The best way to check is to get a Pay & Go sim from a different provider and use it to see if your data coverage improves. Online coverage checkers are at best only estimations.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I should also point out that while I was in the US last year for 3 months I used an AT&T prepay sim in my S3 and had no issues with data while out and about so this is definitely o2 network related.  My wife has an iphone 6 plus, I have an S3, both on o2 and neither of us can get any data connectivity while out.  For the past 2 days we were in Bradford on Avon but it's the same in Trowbridge.

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 729.53 MB left as of right now on my sim and it was only a few hours ago we were out.  The reason I have that much data is because I can't use any of it when I leave the house. 

Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I'm looking at an EE prepay sim.  A friend of mine is on giffgaff and thinks it's the best thing ever but since that is also on o2 network it would be just as bad for me I reckon.

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
You have to go with what suits your needs & is best for you
Message 10 of 15