cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cell phone service in SO53 5QB area

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know how long this will go on for?  I think I am on day 10 of no service at home and it's driving me mad. 

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Hopefully you will get a response soon from the complaintreviewservice This normally takes five working days. Hope they sort it for you.

Thank you. 

It is  just so nice to know that I am not alone.

Message 11 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked at the transmitter sites in your email and completed a form which I sent off.  Got a reply that said they needed my post code before they could do anything.  Sent it off again today.  Also sent an email to complaintreviewservice@o2.co.uk so will wait and see what they say.  I went into o2 in Winchester and before I could say more than "I have no service" the guy said Chandlers Ford?  They have had loads of people in complaining.  He said he would leave a message with an engineer who would call me today, so far nothing but as I am at home now I have "No Service"!!

Message 12 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry that I seem to be replying to your post, I can't work out how to post something to continue from what I started saying, anyway I have had two replies from: O2 SMB: Sitefinder General Enquiry Site Ref(s): O2 (2111), Orange (HAM0166) (CT) (KMM762594788I15977L0KM).  They are as follows:

1st email

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the signal.

I've checked and I'm unable to find any network coverage issues around

postcode SO53 5QB. This area is showing good coverage. This means that

you should be able to use the phone services.

You can also check it by clicking here:

http://www.webmap.o2.co.uk/

I'd suggest you to turn off your phone, remove the battery and the SIM

card. Wipe the SIM card with a soft dry cloth and then put it back and

switch your phone On.

If this still doesn't sort the signal problem, you'll need to contact

our Network support team to discuss this matter. They'll also be able to

advise you about the status of the mast in your area.

You can call us on 08009 777 337 free from landlines and then get your

call transferred to our Network Support team.

We're available:

- Monday to Friday between 8am and 9pm

- Saturday between 8am and 8pm

- Sunday between 8am and 6pm.

I'm sorry once again for any inconvenience caused and I'd appreciate

your patience with this matter.

Regards

Dechen

SMB Customer Service

2nd email

I'm sorry, an automated response you've received previously.

I've checked and can see that the phone mast near the area SO53 5QB

isn't working currently.

This is why you're having problem in making calls, using the internet,

or sending/receiving emails.

Because of this network problem, there's a high volume of chats due to

which you're unable to get through to our chat advisor.

We're working very hard to fix the problem.

Please be assured that it will be sorted soon.

Regards

Rajendra Raul

SMB Customer Service

Funnily enough they were timed 1 minute apart.  I am not really sure what else we can do except for keep hassling them.

Message 13 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we all contact Rajenda directly and ask what form their "very hard" work is taking? Or is it an unmonitored address?

Message 14 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not a radio engineer, but I do know a few bits and bobs.

The reason why O2 won't give you a timescale for a mast repair is that it's not entirely within their control.  There are many variables affecting.

1) Access.  O2 don't own all of the land that thier masts are situated on.  Like most networks, they rent the land.  In the event of having to carry out repairs, they have to arrange site access.  Sometimes this is easy; sometimes not.  Land owners can sometimes have strict instructions on when/how often their land can be accessed.

2) Engineers.  They're not always available at the drop of a hat.  Sometimes there is a delay in organising an engineer getting there.

3) Health and safety laws.  If its blowing a gale, an engineer isn't going to climb a mast to fix a problem.  Similarly, there's only so many daylight hours.

4) Can it be fixed during first visit, or are parts needed?

5) If parts are needed, are they readily available or need to be ordered?  Engineers aren't going to have some of the extremely large / extremely valuable parts kicking about in their vans.  If parts need ordered, theres a timescale for that.

6) Cost of repairs v decomissioning.  If its going to cost a huge amount to fix, the money might be better spent decomissioning the mast and building a new one.  Similarly, if access is not going to be gained in a reasonable amount of time, then same decision might be made.  In these cases, planning, costing etc can make a decomission run into months.

I don't know specificlaly which of these issues is holding up repairs in the SO53 area, but there's lots of variables and its not just as simple as ringing an engineer, he's there in 10 mins, replaces a part and drives off happy.

Message 15 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your insight, Pablo. I don't take issue with any of the variables that you discuss, but I fail to see why O2 can't be upfront about what the issue is and how long it might (emphasis on might) take to resolve it.

If one of my customers has an issue I listen to them, tell them what I will do and when I will do it, and then follow-up on my promises. I don't see why a company with Telefonica's resources cannot do the same.

Message 16 of 50

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 never give a time to fix, for the reasons Pablo explained it's just not possible.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 17 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, has anyone had any response from O2 yet?  The O2 status web page has shown a problem and I haven't had any signal at home for days and days:

Message 18 of 50

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You won't hear anything until it's fixed I'm afraid.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 50

Crystalwitch
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in the SO15 area and have been suffering intermittent service for well over a week. I can't get any satisfaction from anyone at O2 and am thoroughly sick of it. One minute I have cell service and the next it is gone - my office alarm is connected to my mobile at night so I will have no idea if it goes off. I was advised, after being sent and activating a new SIM card, to take my phone to the nearest O2 shop. It's not my phone - no-one will admit to there being a problem around my area. Someone else on O2 at my property had the same problem, so what is going on and when will it be sorted out? I am really angry now - the O2 website is of no use whatsoever.

Message 20 of 50