cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a lack of signal tonight, our phones say "no service" this isn't good as we live in the back of nowhere an if anything happened how would we contact anyone no phone boxes for miles and the nearest house in half a mile away is this rely acceptable to leave us with out service for this long!

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Maybe utilise 2 way radios or something else that ensures you can make contact in an emergency?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

i will contact o2 , and ask them to shut you up , you ever get a worry in your family and you don't have landline and only means of contact is mobile , which i hope doesn't happen to anyone like me , and the mobile network lets you down , what would you say?

Message 22 of 31

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Please do as you wish. I'll not loose any sleep over you my friend.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

don't post , that would help

Message 24 of 31

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Why? Does it irritate you wink

Currently using:
Message 25 of 31

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i will contact o2 , and ask them to shut you up , you ever get a worry in your family and you don't have landline and only means of contact is mobile , which i hope doesn't happen to anyone like me , and the mobile network lets you down , what would you say?

There's no need to be agressive you were given an honest answer, mobiles were never intended as a reliable alternative to a landline phone.

All other users have as much right to post here as you do and the kind of censorship you suggest is not allowed.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 26 of 31

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Apparently the issue with the network has now been resolved so hopefully peace and calm will shower down in abundance!

Message 27 of 31

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Good news jonsie, I take it yours is back on now?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 28 of 31

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 29 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news !

Update 23:45hrs

The intermittent problems experienced by some of our customers today have now been resolved.

Routine upgrade work on our 2G and 3G networks led to unexpected congestion affecting around 1% of O2 customers. We apologise to those customers and thank them for their patience.

Message 30 of 31