cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am assuming it just my area but over the past year the signal has been dropping from almost non to non at all. Can anyone tell me if they are working in the ST21 6NT area. The days of being able to live without a mobile signal are gone - you ever tried changing a password without being able to accept text messagesShocked

Please dont mention TuGo, its gone the same way as the rest of the signal - it used to work well, now its a complete waste of time. I can make calls and send texts sometimes but receiving them No Chance. I have also tried just about any phone I can get my hands on with mixed results ranging from None, nada to nill.

Every time I talk to an operator they look at the online chart and tell me that I should have a good 2G signal, I hate to tell them that their map is not accurate.

Now I have had my rant my question is: What are you going to do about this ?  I certainly would not have renewed ny contract last January had the situation been so bad.

regards

Mark

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122819 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Sadly O2 don't give time scales for any network repair @Anonymous

You could have a look at this community help thread and see if there is anything you haven't tried already..

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-sort-out-my-network-issues/ba-p/1014088

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122819 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Sadly O2 don't give time scales for any network repair @Anonymous

You could have a look at this community help thread and see if there is anything you haven't tried already..

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-sort-out-my-network-issues/ba-p/1014088

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122819 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

To add...this is what I see in your area..

Network 18th.JPG

If you aren't getting good service you may want to complain

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous  Just to add, there's nothing anyone here can do about your issue, as this is a customer forum and not customer service. Have you checked to see what the signal is like on other networks for your area? If you can get a better signal from another provider, and this is obviously a major concern for you, you might just have to bite the bullet and buy out of your contract and move to a different network. Do you know anyone else on O2 in your area who has the same problem?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Keep you eye on this site for any planned maintenance or improvements http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone who is on O2 that comes here complains about a lack of signal. It appears the best signal at the moment comes from EE. Jumping ship and going to EE would appear to be the best option until you consider I left EE/Orange 4 years ago due to the same issues I am now having with O2.

As for it being a  major concern for me – I think it is probably a major concern for anybody who is paying for a service and doesn’t get what they are paying for.  Put it this way, would you sign up with an electricity provider that insisted you go ¼ mile up the road to plug your fridge in. I realise that this is a customer forum but I feel it important for others to know that what you start with at the beginning of a contract might not stay the same.

The bottom line is that I had a usable signal a year ago and now I don’t……

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Well fridges don't rely on radio waves, but I take your point.
What has changed in your area in the past year? Any new buildings gone up, trees grown or anything else that might interfere with a radio signal.
It's also possible that someone close to you could be using an illegal signal booster so it's well worth you pushing the issue with O2/Ofcom so that it can be properly investigated.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous  The reason I pointed out that this was a customer forum was that you said in your first post "Now I have had my rant my question is: What are you going to do about this?". Apart from community moderators, O2 does not monitor this site, which is why I said nothing would be done about it here, but you're more than welcome to have a rant.

If it isn't just yourself having a problem, then you need to lodge a complaint with O2, and also consider going back to EE if they're now providing a better signal.

As far as your issue with TuGo is concerned, if you're also having signal problems, that may be a problem with your internet provider or the router you're using. Just a thought.

We do understand and sympathise with your concerns, but we can't offer much more than that here. Take a look at this link if you want to lodge a complaint: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8