Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

No Signal whatsoever

We moved in August from postcode YO8 9TB to YO8 9EW, some 300 yards as the crow flies, at ourold address the signal was dire, in our new home I have no signal.
I have contacted o2 many times regarding my plight, but have had no response or advice to make me want to stay with o2.
It is not like we are in the middle of nowhere, we live 1 mile from Selby, 6 miles from the m62, but we have one of the weakest signals in the UK.
What really beggers belief is o2 opened a shop in Selby last year, and have been selling 3G mobiles and iPhones to a very unsupecting public, but have no plans to install a 3G transmitter.
Orange, T-Mobile, Vodafone all have a 3G signal with full functionality within this postcode.
What I want to know is there anyway I can try to legally get my contract cancelled and go across to another provider who does care about it's customer?
I have been a long term customer of o2, but this has left me very angry and annoyed.
Anonymous

Re: No Signal whatsoever

O2 will sell contracts to you if there is a signal in your area, and even at that they give a 14 day cooling off period. Your contract was formed for your previous address where you DID get signal indoors (which is something no mobile network can guarantee, by the way). O2 see it that it was your choice to move address to an area (albeit, 300 yards away) that doesn't have signal.
Do you get a signal when out in your garden or outside the house?
PS. There's no 3G out in the countryside but those people may still want an iPhone 4, HTC Desire etc - that's why they have a store there... people want mobiles, there's a signal in the area (again, albeit no 3G), so O2 want business.
Sorry, but you don't have any grounds to stand on i'm afraid.
Anonymous

Rather like North Norfolk and various rural areas around Beds and Cambs. Useless. I have a vodafone pay as you go in the briefcase for these occasions.
Anonymous

Your new post code is right in the middle of a 'red' area on o2's coverage map, no way you'll get a signal there.
Your old post code is just outside this red area which is why you got a marginal signal.
Anonymous

just had a look on ofcom site finder and i think your in a bit of a black spot for any signal so i don`nt think it is just o2. all i could was orange.