Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

Yeah I did see your post this morning I think..

Dunno why they are randomly deleting posts
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

Yea its very weird.. Oh well
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

They just don't like you. But it's ok cos I do Smiley Very Happy
Topics: 48
Kudos: 589
Solutions: 48

No Signal in Ripon

Did you get any replays back from o2 regarding your coverage issues ?

Ive also noticed on here that some says that trees make no difference to the signal.

Im affraid thats not totaly correct.

In europe we use to gsm bands, these are 900 and 1800 mhz.

900mhz band penetrates deeper in buildings and can also travel at greater distances than 1800mhz

however there is a draw back. certain materials affect the signal and wood is one of them.

Having a few trees would not make any difference to a signal, but enough of them can affect the distance.

Trees / wood absorbe the signal causing the siganl to fade at a much quicker rate.

But you would have to have a forrest for this to happen
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

They just don't like you. But it's ok cos I do Smiley Very Happy

Aaw thanks, glad somebody does!

Darrengf I was told that I was in a poor 3G area, the area where I am though is very dense with trees. The masts are surrounded by them in my area so you are probably right. I actually do not get any HSDPA in my area despite being in an area that has coverage and has a mast for it so close to me.. My other post about this got deleted by a mod!
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

The tree thing is a bit hit and miss as I live in an area surrounded by trees, it's actually a small forest. But I have great signal.
Also on the motorway (M1) most parts of the M1 are surrounded by trees and i've never lost signal..
Could also mention when I was in Scotland highlands.. surrounded by trees .. full signal!

Plus I mentioned this to my colleague (Network Engineer) and he laughed his head off. But I guess thanks for making him laugh and making me look daft for mentioning it!!
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

Well finally got a call from O2 today about the signal problem in Ripon. They stated that there is limited to no signal where I work and offered me to end my contract with nil cost and return phone.

At least it is a solution.

Thanks to all that helped me get there finally.
Topics: 48
Kudos: 589
Solutions: 48

No Signal in Ripon

Thats good of o2, not many companies would allow you to do that.

Its a shame they cant put a mast up near you though.

At least you got an answer.

Have you ended the contract?
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

Well finally got a call from O2 today about the signal problem in Ripon. They stated that there is limited to no signal where I work and offered me to end my contract with nil cost and return phone.

Glad you got a reply.
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

Smiley Happy Glad that you are sorted out, shame that 02 have lost 500 customers and will continue to loose same in the future. What is it with Ripon??
Sorry that you are (all) going Smiley Sad but all the best! Smiley Very Happy