Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

That website is very cool.. But.. I type in my post code and it says I have no Station Controllers anywhere! Not even a Base Transceiver Station!

Thats because you don't have a mobile phone really. I bet you have two tin cans tied to some very long string. :robotwink:
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

Letter typed and will post first thing in the morning. Will keep you posted on the outcome.
Thanks again Smiley Very Happy

I have reported this as a network issue for you.

Thanks for raising the issue, you're a star.
Will hopefully hear soon, cheers everyone:-)

Your very welcome. Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

That website is interesting.. I have loads of phone masts close to me, as i guessed, a UMTS and GSM phone mast for o2 a few hundred meters away, yet i get extremely poor signal in my house. Could this be because that there is loads of trees on the area? Checking o2s site, I should get 3G and HSDPA in my house, yet on the top floor of my house im lucky to get 3G (best reception area).. Any ideas on this?!
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

The type of material your house is made of could definetly be a factor. Trees won't make much of a difference don't worry.
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

And yes I do have two tin cans! A Serra and a Storm Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

I generally dont get reception in the area, if im downstairs i only get 2 bars on the windowseal, when i go outside i dont get any, and now that i think of it, there is a dead zone very very close the 2 masts, my road and area is really bad for reception, im really confused!
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

Do you live in a dip?
Usually the BTS can't locate anything beneath it believe it or not.

If it's an issue call and try and speak with Networks..
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

It is a bit hilly here, I thought i lived higher but now im not to sure! thanks for your help, i think ill give them a call Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

No reason for you to not have good network!
Keep us informed Smiley Very Happy
Topics: 292
Kudos: 1,844
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

No Signal in Ripon

Funny thing radio waves

But 3g is on 2100 mhz same as wifi and we all know what walls etc do to wifi.

Normal o2 is standard gsm on 900mhz that penetrates buildings better.

Buildings can have a big effect and the o2 webmap only predicts street coverage.
iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services