Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

Hi,

I was just wondering what i can do about this problem. I'm in the HM Forces and just moved to Ripon. I have a Iphone 3g and I can't get a signal from my house or camp, but if I go into Ripon town centre it's full signal.

I started the contract in Aug 08 and now I can't text or call using my iphone, it might as well be a Ipod Touch. There is a Orange mast on camp and everyone is ending there contracts with O2 and switching to Orange.

What can I do? Where do I stand? Smiley Sad
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

o2 don't guarantee full service so if you got it before and lost it. Tough!
That's how it goes i'm afraid.

Try http://webmap.o2.co.uk/ and typing in the postcode. Send a report off to o2 and see if they can fix anything. Got anymore buddies on o2? Get all their numbers and have them report it too. o2 might look into it.
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

"o2 don't guarantee full service so if you got it before and lost it. Tough!
That's how it goes i'm afraid."

Try http://webmap.o2.co.uk/ and typing in the postcode. Send a report off to o2 and see if they can fix anything. Got anymore buddies on o2? Get all their numbers and have them report it too. o2 might look into it."

Sounds like an NCO has replied to your question in the first two sentences Smiley Very Happy

The second bit is good advice, although I'm sure others in your location have done likewise. Of course, the tables could well be reversed in other UK locations where you might be posted and they'll be moving from Orange to 02. Chances are you are Royal Signals or Royal Engineers so you know about terrain affecting signal reception etc. I know Ripon and the barracks, and must admit I'm surprised that you cant get it where you are.
I wish you and your "buddies" Smiley Very Happy all the best in getting 02 to extend their signal range.

Edit: Wait one. I've been to Claro and Deverill Barracks and I'm certain I've made and received phone calls there (been on 02 for years). Thats strange Smiley Surprised
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

Thank for the response, thought the "tough" comment was amusing. I've checked the O2 signal reception map and they state there is a reception in the area. I can get 1 bar if I go to the top left of camp, not very practical. I'm not the only person with this problem (100+) and having just moved from Germany everyone has just started 18 month contracts:-(

Generally Orange has been the worst in most UK camps so many have opt for O2. It is so strange because the camp is on high ground and clear view of Ripon City centre. Being 1 mile away from Ripon you wouldn't expect such a massive drop. Orange must have listened the the complaints as they have a mast on camp. I just hope O2 can sort something out as there are a lot of unhappy customers. Thanks for the support!
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

Hi,

I would suggest you get your Unit Chief Clerk to write a letter to 02 about Armed Forces telcomms and get the CO to sign it and see what happens. Smiley Happy
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

Yeah that's an even better idea!
But I feel whoever opens the letter wouldn't understand and it would get chucked in the bin like all the other letters o2 receive!!
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

Yeah that's an even better idea!
But I feel whoever opens the letter wouldn't understand and it would get chucked in the bin like all the other letters o2 receive!!

Meow!
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

Nothing like a bit of honesty!
Highlighted
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

I think I'm going to get in touch with o2 customer complaints department about this problem. Does any know the email address?

Thank you in advance:-)
Anonymous

No Signal in Ripon

Go to the 02 home page, click on Contact 02 at the bottom, and take ya pick from the options there. Smiley Happy

I think I'd be phoning as well, because like letters, e-mails can sometimes get 'lost' Smiley Wink

Lets know how ya get on.

Cheers!