Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM card recognised

SLM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In the middle of a phone call today my phone cut off and the signal disappeared. Then a message came up saying no SIM card, I’ve had this phone for over a year with the same SIM card and it happened out of the blue. Can you help resolve this matter please? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12039 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1121 Solutions

Not here - you would need to pop to your local shop or call customer services @SLM .

Sounds like you have a faulty SIM and need a replacement.

Best time to call is 8am (just after they open) and there are hints on how to get through (and numbers to try) in this guide: Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12039 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1121 Solutions

Not here - you would need to pop to your local shop or call customer services @SLM .

Sounds like you have a faulty SIM and need a replacement.

Best time to call is 8am (just after they open) and there are hints on how to get through (and numbers to try) in this guide: Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10114 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@SLM 

It might be worth testing the phone with a different sim, as I have seen this happen with the Old Blackberry Passport when the sim tray failed.

I would also contact o2 and as @gmarkj says request a new sim card.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3