cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G on my phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife and I both have Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE with latest Windows 8.1 including the updates and we use the same o2 Bundle package.  My wife's phone showing 4G and mine doesn't, on both at our home and outings, I don't get any 4G signal neither.

I had swapped with new sim card I got from Tesco last Saturday, its o2 package shows 4G support and it can fit nano, micro or standard SIM slot. However, it didn't help.

I have used o2 chat support online twice, o2's 4G page and went to o2 shop today...nope...

But their staff said that the option is to send the phone away for repair or make an appointment with o2 guru.  I decided to leave at that and lately, I was thinking of resetting my phone.  Then I realised we could swap our sim and here is what happened.  My wife's sim in my phone showed 4G!  Also my sim doesn't show 4G on her phone!

So clearly, nothing is wrong with my phone and its settings' all correct.  It is strange but what o2 can do for me?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's an issue with your account, clearly.
Call CS and ask them to sort it out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  are you saying you got your sim from Tesco...or did you swap your Tesco sim for an O2 sim? Either way it seems as if your sim may be at fault. You would be wise to pop into an O2 store and ask for a new sim. They can swap everything over for you...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I should make it clear...I had new micro o2 sim from o2 store when I got this phone last April as my old sim was standard. I bought a new o2 sim card from Tesco, thinking that newer o2 sim card might solve the problem as the o2 sim package says it support 4G but it didn't.

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, I should make it clear...I had new micro o2 sim from o2 store when I got this phone last April as my old sim was standard. I bought a new o2 sim card from Tesco, thinking that newer o2 sim card might solve the problem as the o2 sim package says it support 4G but it didn't.

My advice would be to get a new sim from an o2 store not Tesco and see if that works properly. If you take your phone with you they can check it over in the shop re settings etc...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I will get it from o2 this week and let you know how it goes.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's an issue with your account, clearly.
Call CS and ask them to sort it out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how you get on @barnettgs. And if you could solve the issue

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now sorted! 

I was talking to o2 online support chat an hour ago and he can see that 4G was not enabled on my account.  He got it enabled and (despite being told to wait a few hours) after turning it off/on 15 minutes later, 4G is on my phone now.

Thanks for your help as well slight_smile

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Now sorted! 

I was talking to o2 online support chat an hour ago and he can see that 4G was not enabled on my account.  He got it enabled and (despite being told to wait a few hours) after turning it off/on 15 minutes later, 4G is on my phone now.

Thanks for your help as well slight_smile

That's great news @Anonymous. Thanks for reporting back...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good result slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10