cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G/Data/Calls/Messages 03/10/2013

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all!

I have an iPhone 5. Could anyone help please? This started happening at roughly 12.30pm.

Suddenly, there was no "o", "E" or "3G" symbol on my phone although it does display a normal bar strength of normal signal.

However, I cannot make calls - it says "Call failed" straight away. I cannot access the internet at all. I cannot send or receive texts at all!!!

Could anyone help please?

Thanks

Message 1 of 108
107 REPLIES 107

Baza
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Here bambino, to me it is major disaster, I'm paying for a service that i'm not recieving and were never informed???? The only way i found out were through a friend saying she had been trying to phone and text me all day ad not been able to get through? God knows how many more people have been trying top get me and how much this as cost me so don't start telling me to take a deep breath just because your phone is working fine.
I'm fuming that its taking all this time and as caused me great distress and loss!!!!!!
Message 31 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
Think I'm leaving O2 after this. Full on joke. How can you run a business etc with this.
Message 32 of 108

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Think I'm leaving O2 after this. Full on joke. How can you run a business etc with this.

No mobile network in the world will guarantee that you will get a continuous service.

Stuff wil go wrong always.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 33 of 108

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Outages happen I'm afraid, more regularly than we would wish but all networks run into problems at times.

Message 34 of 108

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I understand that its very frustrating to be without your ability to use your phone. I'm after some more info on a fix for you and shall update as soon as I can.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 35 of 108

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Be nice if maybe the o2 network app or something could send us push messages if there was an outage, as i bet alot dont know unless they try and make a call

Message 36 of 108

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The message service is down and you want a message to tell you, how would that work?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 37 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would also be nice if I hadn't been lied to about it all. I would have understood if I had been told it was  network problem instead of having been told first it was my phone & then it was my sim

This is unacceptable!!

Message 38 of 108

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A push message isnt a text message is it? Cant they send it over data connections/wifi?

Message 39 of 108

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It would also be nice if I hadn't been lied to about it all. I would have understood if I had been told it was  network problem instead of having been told first it was my phone & then it was my sim

This is unacceptable!!

In all probability you were told to check that before they knew about the network issue.

You will always see the latest on here in the forum if you're not sure.

Message 40 of 108