cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G/Data/Calls/Messages 03/10/2013

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all!

I have an iPhone 5. Could anyone help please? This started happening at roughly 12.30pm.

Suddenly, there was no "o", "E" or "3G" symbol on my phone although it does display a normal bar strength of normal signal.

However, I cannot make calls - it says "Call failed" straight away. I cannot access the internet at all. I cannot send or receive texts at all!!!

Could anyone help please?

Thanks

Message 1 of 108
107 REPLIES 107

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had no 3g since about 1.30 have tried rebooting my phone as suggested but still nothing  - lack of updates is extremely frustrating

The latest is the situation is improving as detailed on the service status page, there is nothing else you can be told.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 108

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

You should hopefully be seeing an improvement, but as I get more info I'll update you.

Sorry about this.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 108

Baza
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is behond a joke now. No one as been able to contact me sinse this morning either by calls or text?

(16.48pm)

O2, get ya finger out and get it sorted!!! Smiley Mad

Message 23 of 108

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Baza wrote:

This is behond a joke now. No one as been able to contact me sinse this morning either by calls or text?

(16.48pm)

O2, get ya finger out and get it sorted!!! Smiley Mad

From what I've been reading on the numerous threads, there has been an outage affecting some, but not all numbers. These things happen from time to time. It isn't an exact science. It happens on every network, not just on O2. They are aware of the problem. It's not some major disaster. Take a deep breath and the service will eventually be restored.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 24 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been led a merry dance by o2 all day. I have had no services since yesterday evening. After much discussion with an online service I was told that it was my phone & told to reset to factory settins & this would definitely cure the problem. That didn't work so I went online again to be told that it was my sim. I don't have an o2 shop near me but was told that a carphone warehouse shop could get me a new sim. At no time was there mention of a network problem, I did check online & there was NO message at all.

I drove 7miles to my nearest carphone warehouse shop only to be told that it was a network fault & they couldn't have helped me if it had been my sim card. I am so angry.......why wasn't I told this in the first place....then I wouldn't have lost my photos, Spent ages talking to people that had no idea what they were talking about, driven 14 miles, paid car parking fee & got wet through!!!!!!!

Message 25 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is now becoming complete joke .no sign of any improvement at all .
Message 26 of 108

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How does it only effect certain numbers? is it like computing where everyone is on a different server and its the server that goes down?

Me and my mate at work both on o2. Hers is fine im not, and both on same mast

Message 27 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

this is **bleep**ing ridiculous!!!begining yesterday afternoon my txt msg wont receive their destination!!!today i can send txt but i canot receive any!!o2 you suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 28 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
They not that good
Message 29 of 108

Baza
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Here bambino, to me it is major disaster, I'm paying for a service that i'm not recieving and were never informed???? The only way i found out were through a friend saying she had been trying to phone and text me all day ad not been able to get through? God knows how many more people have been trying top get me and how much this as cost me so don't start telling me to take a deep breath just because your phone is working fine.

I'm fuming that its taking all this time and as caused me great distress and loss!!!!!!

Message 30 of 108