cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G Connection in Leeds 9 for weeks - Appalling Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tweeted the O2 people about this and have received the reply that there is a faulty mast and that it is being worked on. I asked if there was an expected end date to the work and was told they don't know. Not acceptable. Any company providing a customer service should know what the problem is, how to fix it and when they expect work to be completed.

This has now been going on for weeks. I am paying for a service I am not getting and haven't had for almost for 2 months. Now my phone signal is being affected. Calls go straight to voicemail and I get no notification that I've had a missed call.

So O2 can you please tell me what is going on and when I can expect normal service - which is usually excellent - to be resumed?

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We are all customers here too.

O2 do not give out such updates I'm afraid.

I know its frustrating.

Its a case of keep checking the online service status and reboot your phone.

Try using tugo for pay monthly customers or whatsapp or viber which payg customers can also use when hooked onto home broadband wifi as an interim resolution.

Sometimes switching to 2g can help too.

Have you compiled an official complaint.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We are all customers here too.

O2 do not give out such updates I'm afraid.

I know its frustrating.

Its a case of keep checking the online service status and reboot your phone.

Try using tugo for pay monthly customers or whatsapp or viber which payg customers can also use when hooked onto home broadband wifi as an interim resolution.

Sometimes switching to 2g can help too.

Have you compiled an official complaint.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would complain as well how annoying
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah thanks for the reply BandOfBrothers.

Yes tis very frustrating! Bit surprised they don't reply on their own forum but hey ho!

I've tried everything but just veer from E to GPRS all day. It's at work where the problem is - not that I spend my work time surfing the net - but I do use my iPhone on breaks and at lunchtime but it's now totally impossible to use it as an iPhone and I can no longer rely on it to receive calls. Am having to use my ancient brick of a work mobile as back up. Yay for Vodafone! At least I can receive calls on that!

I think an official complaint will be my next step!

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure you ask for compensation for the time you have been without use slight_smile
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You're welcome.

Their are two o2 Site Co-Ordinators whch you could PM with your issues if you wish.

@Toby

@Chiara

Does the service checker report the mast as faulty ?

I note your using an iPhone.

Are you on iOS7 ? > Did you complete the carrier update part of the downoad.

Also trying remedies such as turning your airplane mode on and off ,or settings, general,reset,reset network settings can help.

Message 6 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144385 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
You can be sure they are working on the mast and will get it sorted asap. They don't want people to be without a signal as it's bad for business.....
Sometimes there can be problems with access to some mast (esp if on Private ground) or occasionally they have to wait for parts to arrive that need replacing (depending on the fault).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again!

Yep the mast was reported as faulty on the service checker but is showing as working now when it's clearly not.

Got iOS7 and updated the carrier settings. Have googled them and they're all correct.

Have tried the turning on/off airplane mode and I get 3G for about a minute and then it reverts to E or GPRS.

A few colleagues of mine are also on O2, and are iPhone users, and are having the same problems so it's not just me. We just seem to be getting nowhere.

I guess I will see how things are on Monday am and if they're still the same I'll give O2 a call. I'll get my colleagues to do the same.

I think what annoyed me most was the glib tweets that basically said 'it'll be working again sometime, you'll just have to wait...' My other half is an engineer, his jobs are timed practically to the minute and customers are always told when a repair is expected to be completed. And if it can't be done for whatever reason - part need to be shipped from overseas or whatever - an explanation and a further expected completion date is always given. Difference is that we're locked into contracts so we can't take our custom elsewhere very easily I guess!

Anyway, thanks again for your help and advice. Greatly appreciated!

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I hope this settles for you quickly.

One other final route would be to book a Genius Bar Appointment at your most local Apple Store just to have a diagnostic run on the iPhone.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Take Care.

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seconded 9 weeks really is unacceptable
Message 10 of 18