cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare porting from EE to O2 on 27-11-2014

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

My number was due to be ported from EE to O2 at 6pm on 27-11-2014. My number was partly ported yesterday (01-12-2014) but I've been left with a split service for nearly 24hrs.

I can make calls and access data sevices but no one can call or text me and neither iMessage or Visual Voicemail will activate.

Customer service on the phone and via Twitter has been really poor but I was told that there was problems with ports from EE (T-Mobile/Orange) and Tesco Mobile to O2 on 27-11-2014 and 28-11-2014 and many customers have had their ports delayed and ended up with a split service.

When will this be resolved? How do I contact the porting team?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

*****UPDATE*****

After 60+hrs I still have a split service (I can't receive calls or texts), but otherwise my number has been ported from EE to O2.

I've spoken to customer service around twice a day since the initial problems started to emerge last Thursday (27-11-2014). Tip: ask to be put through to the UK call centre, I've found them significantly more knowledgeable.  

Customer service have told me:

• This has also impacted ports scheduled for 02-12-2014 (in addition to 27-11-2014 and 28-11-2014).
  • Around 900 customers port to O2 everyday day, if a third are from EE/T-Mobile/Orange then these three days have left about 1,000 O2 customers with a split service.
  • O2’s porting team is in India, you can’t talk to them and they won’t confirm what’s happening with my case.

Has EE/T-Mobile/Orange publicly accepted responsibility?

I accept that this is most likely the fault of EE/T-Mobile/Orange, however, O2 are well aware of what customers have been affected but have failed to provide updates (email still works).

Thanks,

Message 11 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

I used to work for the porting team at O2, admittedly a good while ago, but any issues were resolved by direct contact with the originating network. It was never left up to the customer. 

The problem is that EE haven't released your number from their network on all their systems.

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

*****UPDATE***** #2

I've spoken with EE again, as far as they're concerned there's no problem with the port and the files they sent through to O2.

Curiously, I suspect that my calls are now being routed to VODAFONE and not to O2. Is it possible that I've been ported to the wrong network? If so, who can fix this?

Thanks,

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would have thought the two networks involved would be the ones to resolve this for you.
Message 14 of 16

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

As I stated before. ...

It's up to the networks to liase and sort out this problem.

Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
How can you have been ported to Voda?
Did you give Voda your porting details, otherwise, they would have nothing to do with it at all.
The calls "should" come through to the sim carrying the number regardless of network so I don't know why you would think that....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16