Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare Switch Up Service

DailyDarkly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone else had an absolute mare trying to use the switch up service. I've previously put a complaint in about it which they came back to me and resolved as much as they could. Pretty much admitted the process isnt up to scratch for the customer and they were working on a new system which is coming out this year to make switch up easier as you'd be able to do it online. 

Anyway that complaint was resolved which I accepted as they cant miracle the system out of no where if its not ready. I want to order the new S24 Ultra and they've said previous that i can call the store and place a pre-order. 

I've phoned today to be told I have to be at the store in person to make a pre-order which is rediculous considering it's an hour trip each way. So i'd have to go to the store to pre-order and then go back to the store to pick up the phone. 

There has to be an easier way of doing this or someone within o2 who can take ownership of this issue because I cant be the only one in this situation being penalised because they've closed every store in my area. Every interaction I have with o2 just seems to be a drama and not customer focused at all. 

Any advice, suggestions anyone could give would be appreciated?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27714 Solutions

@DailyDarkly 

Currently you need to go in store to pre order as they require you to pay a deposit and inspect your current device to see if it meets the condition requirements.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27714 Solutions

@DailyDarkly 

Currently you need to go in store to pre order as they require you to pay a deposit and inspect your current device to see if it meets the condition requirements.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10210 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@DailyDarkly 

This has been the process from day 1 the Switch Up service is store led, and the pre order process is the same as it always has been for customer on this plan, and that is to go into store and pay the pre-order fee (which is refundable) and then go collect it on day of release... 

The stores cant take payment details over the phone or give you any form of receipt for the payment, which you need to claim any sort of Gift with purchase..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 14

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5833 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@DailyDarkly 

My suggestion would be to forget O2 and to buy your new handset direct from Samsung !  

Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27714 Solutions

I very much doubt Samsung do switch up though.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

Oxonian
  • 5833 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I very much doubt Samsung do switch up though.

That's very true ; although they do offer reasonable trade-in deals. 

Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27714 Solutions

Reasonable or free....... I know my choice

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

Oxonian
  • 5833 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Reasonable or free....... I know my choice

Well it's not actually free @MI5, but I fully understand what you mean for customers who are already members of the switch-up "club". 

Message 8 of 14

DailyDarkly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think the thing that grates on me more is that advisors will tell you one thing and then when you do that you get told something totally different. I wouldn't mind going into the store to do it as i've done in the past but they've closed the two closest to me and the other is now an hour away. Just seems like they are trying to make it harder and harder. I mean they have already changed the rules of it to 90 days so seems like they make it up as they go along. 

I'll do two trips to the store and claim the petrol back from o2 lol. 

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27714 Solutions

No way around it currently @DailyDarkly at least not until they make those suggested changes.

I know what you mean about store closures though. Nothing more infuriating.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14