Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexgen ltd

Su5an
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have received a text from this firm I have never signed up for anything on my phone how do I stop them charging my phone £4.50 a week

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@Su5an see help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@Su5an see help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@Su5an wrote:

I have received a text from this firm I have never signed up for anything on my phone how do I stop them charging my phone £4.50 a week

Absolutely shocking still to me that this continues.

Also call Customer Services to Bar all direct to Bill Debits

and Bar Premium Rate Services 

This is a very useful read to avoid unexpected charges by one of our members at O2

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Tips-to-avoid-unexpected-charges-on-your-bill...

I have done this as it is scary not to mention expensive!

Follow advices given to try and get your money back too.

Good Luck ~ TallTrees     

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Su5an you may also wish to add your name to our community petition https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Premium-rate-services-petition-to-O2/td-p/118...

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Su5an 

It's really important that you take action to stop any further charges, either by sending the STOP text or by calling the customer service number. Nexgen will continue to charge you £4.50 per week if you don't do so.

If you want your money back you will have to start by asking Nexgen. Don't expect any help from O2 as they appear to be complicit in these scams. Repeated requests for help from defrauded customers have been ignored.

Insist on a FULL refund from Nexgen. You can email them at info@nexgenmobi.com. Dealing with it by email will give you the evidence you need to escalate your dispute if a refund is refused.

Little is known about this company. They have a professional looking website at www.nexgenmobi.com, but a closer look shows the site to be insecure and lacking in any real detail.

A London address is given:
63/66 Hatton Garden
Fifth Floor, Suite 23
London EC1N 8LE

This address appears to be an accommodation address shared by a large number of companies. No company details can be found at Companies House, and Phone-paid Services Authority have identified the company as:

Nexgen International Limited, based in Belize City, Belize. Their address is:

5827 Corner Of Graduate Crescent and Bachelor Avenue,

Belize City

Belize 123

They are currently registered with Belize Companies House, which lists them as follows:

NEXGEN INT LIMITED              163347              Active

Services run by this company include:

• MyContent
  • Games4Mobile
  • Just4Life
  • MyLifestyle

Some of these services are known to be currently under investigation by PSA.

If they claim you consented to the charges, you should ask for:

Screenshots of the subscription workflow where you were alleged to have signed up for this service.

• A description of what the service you are supposed to have subscribed to provides? Is this a newsletter, access to a web portal?
  • Any evidence that after supposedly signing up for the service, you actually used it
  • The complete web server log of the subscription, including the User Agent strings containing all device details (browser, device type, device IP address) together with dates and times.
  • Full company details of the company operating the service, country of registration, full name of company, company number and registered company address.

You need to be aware that O2 leak your phone number to third parties when you access the internet using mobile data, and this is probably how your number was acquired in order to make these charges. The system which does this is called 'Payforit'.

Companies like Nexgen Ltd  use vulnerabilities of the 'Payforit' system to obtain consumers numbers and sign them up to bogus subscriptions. Simply closing an innocent looking popup can pass your number to these scammers.

You should also report this scam to the regulator:  https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/report-an-issue.

Also make sure that O2 place a “charge to mobile” bar on your account to prevent any further fraudulent Payforit subscriptions.

I hope you manage to resolve this matter. This fraud is a disgrace to the mobile communications industry and O2 should be doing more to assist affected customers and to protect their customers from Payforit fraud.

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 6 of 6