Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexgen Ltd

TrishaA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm victim of a scam, Nexgen Ltd have billed me through my phone bill 8 X £4.50 for games I haven't had or signed up for, never imagined a company could just bill you for a service or good you'd not ordered or accessed. Even more shocked this could be done via my phone bill. O2 told me to text STOP to 64055 and email contact@nexgenmobi.com to try and retrieve my money. 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yeah must be close?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 33

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Can't find the thread now but I know someone who will wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 @jonsie 

It's here, in a guide written by @Chris_K 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Charge-to-Mobile-amp-Premium-SMS-A-Community-Guide/m-p/12...

"In addition to our two-step customer confirmation process which we already have in place, we have recently introduced an extra layer of protection for our customers in the form of a PIN that is sent to your device, or a text which you need to respond to before any purchase is processed. This will be required any time you purchase a Charge to Mobile service accessed through an online banner or advert. All our partners must implement this payment approval mechanism by 11th May 2019."

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 33

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 @jonsie 

It's here, in a guide written by @Chris_K 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Charge-to-Mobile-amp-Premium-SMS-A-Community-Guide/m-p/12...

"In addition to our two-step customer confirmation process which we already have in place, we have recently introduced an extra layer of protection for our customers in the form of a PIN that is sent to your device, or a text which you need to respond to before any purchase is processed. This will be required any time you purchase a Charge to Mobile service accessed through an online banner or advert. All our partners must implement this payment approval mechanism by 11th May 2019."

There we go. Thanks @Cleoriff as I thought it was the 11th. So after this month we should see a lot less of these posts.

Message 25 of 33

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Hmmmm, still seeing these and it's past the 11th ?

Currently using:
Message 26 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Hmmmm, still seeing these and it's past the 11th ?

Are we seeing new ones though @MI5 ? Or those saying 'Ive just noticed blah blah has been taking xxx out of my account for months'. I just thought they would slow down from May 11th?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 33

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yeah true but we don't know the answer to that.
Certainly shouldn't be any news ones after the 11th IF the process is working correctly......

Currently using:
Message 28 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yeah true but we don't know the answer to that.
Certainly shouldn't be any news ones after the 11th IF the process is working correctly......

100% with you on that, so it's a waiting game now.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 33

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Why is my auto correct so **** !

Currently using:
Message 30 of 33