Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New upgrade

Heather12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello I ready for an upgrade but only won’t to get a new phone not a sim with it as I won’t to keep the sim I have. I am going from an iPhone to a Samsung galaxy s9 I think it is but when I go to sort it out it making me pick a new traiff and I won’t to stay with the one I’ve got now just won’t a new phone
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@Heather12
You will need to buy the phone outright, you cannot just change the phone without taking a new tariff unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@Heather12
You will need to buy the phone outright, you cannot just change the phone without taking a new tariff unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

A couple of things you can do is keep all your iphone details by using the transfer software which lets you convert your settings to Samsung friendly settings. This will be included in the box and the required software is preinstalled.

Obviously iphone has different tariffs so you may find you have to shop around for a similar matching one that is designed for android. Alas with the flexible options you can do now you may find that's easier to do.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Heather12

If you just want to buy the phone you should consider giffgaff

The S9 could be bought outright or with monthly repayments.

Monthly repayments are £33.96 per month

https://www.giffgaff.com/mobile-phones/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s9/phone-details

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4