cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to o2... Being taken for a mug?? Please Help!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a new o2 customer as of Thursday. I went into my local shop knowing what I wanted but when sat with an advisor i was told I could get the contract I wanted for cheaper. Was not told any details about this cheaper contract and as the advisor was having a bad day I thought she had simply forgotten about this plan. When I got home I noticed I had been put on a business contract :S My boyfriend went online and talked to a guru who said that my contract was not right as I would have had to shown business documents to get the contract that I am on. The following day I went back to the store to ask if my contract was right and got the reply, "yeah we do that sometimes because it's cheaper". Curious I was having a look on here and the link to the phone I have says from £30 per month excluding VAT open_mouth Does this mean I'm going to get charged more on top of the "cheap" £30 per month because I am on a contract I did not know was a buisness contract! I'm so confused and have talked to THREE different "Guru's" tonight and got no where as the business team are not available. Has this happened to anyone else? If I get charged VAT How much more will it be? Am I being screwed over here? PLEASE HELP BECAUSE SO FAR TALKING TO O2 IS ABOUT AS USEFUL AS TALKING TO A BRICK WALL!! Thank you

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you're on a business contract, they always charge VAT on top, as they assume you can claim it back through the business. So if you're on a £30 business contract, they will charge you £30 + Vat i.e. £36. This will also depend however on what you've signed up to, i.e. how many minutes, how many texts, how much internet use etc. If you use anything above your limit, you will be charged for it + 20% VAT, which can be very expensive if you intend to use the internet a lot for example and don't have a lot of internet usage as part of your package.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Being on a business contract is of no benefit unless you're registered for Vat, which would be charged at 20%.

You should phone and get it cancelled or changed to the tariff you wanted.

All consumer tariffs are quoted with Vat included.

The number is in "Contact us" at the foot of the page.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Wow whichever staff member is peddling that advise deserves to be put down.

Agree with perksie I'd get it changed ASAP.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you're on a business contract, they always charge VAT on top, as they assume you can claim it back through the business. So if you're on a £30 business contract, they will charge you £30 + Vat i.e. £36. This will also depend however on what you've signed up to, i.e. how many minutes, how many texts, how much internet use etc. If you use anything above your limit, you will be charged for it + 20% VAT, which can be very expensive if you intend to use the internet a lot for example and don't have a lot of internet usage as part of your package.

Hope this helps

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all. well the plan i wanted was £36 unlimited with 1gb data so basically the "cheap" deal is costing me the same as the normal contract would have 😕

Message 5 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Exactly, sounds like some re-training is needed in that store!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 7

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
I would say that this is grounds for an official complaint.
Message 7 of 7