cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to O2...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently joined O2 and my first bill is due at the end of the month.

I'm just wondering if I pay the bill myself or if O2 takes the money out? How would I know if I have set up a direct debit?

I got my new phone from Carphone Warehouse.

Any help would be appreciated! 🙂
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

According to the latest terms paying by direct debit is compulsory:

4. Charges/Price increases – You must pay the charges for the services you subscribe to and use every month by the date on your bill. We may charge interest if you’re late in paying. You have to pay by Direct Debit. We may ask you to pay a deposit before we’ll let you use the services. We may increase or decrease our prices from time to time. We won’t put your monthly subscription charges up more than once in any 12 months. Some increases would give you the right to end your Agreement without penalty. Details are in paragraph 5 of the Agreement.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You will have given your bank account number and sort code to them when you signed up.

I believe in MyO2 it will say that this will be taken by direct debit when the first bill is created.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't been able to find whether it says it will be taken from direct debit or not. I will look again.

Thank you for replying.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you get stuck ring customer services on 202 from your phone. They will help clarify.
Message 4 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I haven't been able to find whether it says it will be taken from direct debit or not. I will look again.

You're welcome, and it certainly will, that's why they asked for your bank details!

Message 5 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You could always call your bank and ask if a new direct debit has recently been set up.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or if you have internet banking check there.

Where's there's a will there's a way !
Message 7 of 10

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

It's highly unusual these days for a DD not to be set up when you take out a new contract so I would imagine one has been.

Depending on who you bank with you may be able to check in your internet banking to see if one is set up for O2. Most banks will show direct debits as soon as the instruction is set up with them, only exception I can think of is Natwest and RBS which will only show the direct debit in internet banking once the first payment has been taken

EDIT hadn't seen that BOB had beaten me to the internet banking suggestion

Message 8 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

According to the latest terms paying by direct debit is compulsory:

4. Charges/Price increases – You must pay the charges for the services you subscribe to and use every month by the date on your bill. We may charge interest if you’re late in paying. You have to pay by Direct Debit. We may ask you to pay a deposit before we’ll let you use the services. We may increase or decrease our prices from time to time. We won’t put your monthly subscription charges up more than once in any 12 months. Some increases would give you the right to end your Agreement without penalty. Details are in paragraph 5 of the Agreement.

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Probably a case of over excitement at getting a nice new phone and the details of the contract set up etc became foggy

wink
Message 10 of 10