Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to O2

waders
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello i have finally left my old network. i have signed up to 02 and requested to keep my old number. downloaded the o2 app on my phone whilst still on three. on the app when i logged in etc it shows a new number not my old one that i want to keep.

i havent received the new sim card yet through the post. am i being silly or something?

hopefully when the new sim arrives it be with my existing number and i will just have to activate it or something

thankyou for any help

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@waders 

You will need to contact O2 or fill out the online form with your PAC once you receive your new O2 sim 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Good morning and welcome to the o2 Community forum @waders 

The new sim will have a new number and you will need to change it these are the guides from beginning 

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Read the through. 

Best wishes 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@waders 

You will need to contact O2 or fill out the online form with your PAC once you receive your new O2 sim 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

waders
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi and thanks.

I filled in the online form submitted a pac code when it came to that part of the application. Said all was good. Just surprised to see a new O2 number when I logged into the app

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@waders 

As I said, you'll need to do it again when you receive the sim. They rarely action it the first time.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5