cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to O2 - Confused regarding first bill...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning all! 🙂 I'm new here so please go easy on me. Lol.

I've just left EE and pre-ordered the new iPhone 6S on O2. As its a pre-order, I won't receive the phone until the release day which is Friday 25th September. I've paid a heavy deposit due to my credit rating which I'm told will be refunded in 3 months after full quick and on time payments which isn't a problem but I'm basically wanting to know when I can expect my first bill? 

I'm on the 24 Month Refresh deal which is 20GB Data and unlimited text's and Calls for £59 a month. slight_smile 

Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance,

Dan. slight_smile 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Your bill will be produced within the first few days after signing up, and you will be charged 14 days later. Your billing date will remain the same every month, and you  will get an email letting you know how much it will be.

Your first bill may be higher than you're expecting because it will be pro-rated. This means you'll be charged for one month's line rental as well as the first few days

Have a look at  this help link

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/bills-and-payment/first-bill

Best way to keep track of everything is via MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Your bill will be produced within the first few days after signing up, and you will be charged 14 days later. Your billing date will remain the same every month, and you  will get an email letting you know how much it will be.

Your first bill may be higher than you're expecting because it will be pro-rated. This means you'll be charged for one month's line rental as well as the first few days

Have a look at  this help link

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/bills-and-payment/first-bill

Best way to keep track of everything is via MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I'm sure that the bill will be generated even if you've not received the phone yet, and it'll need paying. I've read before that if you contact cs that you can actually get refunded the time you're without your device though (?) But that'll need confirming, as I'm not 100% sure on that!

As cleoriff has mentioned the first bill will be higher than expected because it's pro rata.

Hoping you enjoy your new phone, when it arrives.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
1st bill will be generated when phone is dispatched and will be a full month plus a days worth.
As said this is due to be paid 14 days later.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will they still have a pro rata allowance 

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
By the time the phone arrives they will be into their full month, so whilst in theory, yes, in practice, it won't be able to be used.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
By the time the phone arrives they will be into their full month, so whilst in theory, yes, in practice, it won't be able to be used.

Oh I see now, thanks for answering 

Message 7 of 7