Did you mean: 

New to 02 - Direct Debit First Bill

SophieW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I have recently opened a pay monthly contract (as of the 31/01/2019) and my first bill came through yesterday.

I can see that I gave details for my bill to come out via direct debit, but it still notes on the app that I need to make a payment. Just checked my bank app and there is no direct debit for 02 yet, so I am unsure whether to make a manual payment (due by 18/01/2020) or wait for the direct debit to kick in?

Many thanks!

Sophie
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@SophieW 

Check with your bank or with customer services on 202.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@SophieW 

Check with your bank or with customer services on 202.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

The first payment should be taken by direct debit on the due date (18th). If you make a manual payment now then the direct debit won't be taken. Best to check with customer service but the direct debit will have been set up if you gave your account details.

Message 3 of 5

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 285 Posts
  • 52 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
A direct debit will take a few days to show on your bank account.
Message 4 of 5

djbsuffolk
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

With Xmas and New Year there may be a day or two extra before the direct debits show up on your account - I do believe they follow the same BACS process - so once O2 get the ball rolling it takes at least 3 working days before they show up on your account. They will be in place by the payment due date and as other have mentioned you can always pay by card - be aware if you pay by card close to the payment due day then the direct debits may also come out - as that also is a 3 day process via BACS.

Message 5 of 5