Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sime

Lkendo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I recently upgraded to a new tarrif. I rang customer services got a pac code and asked that they transfer my old number to my new sim. They told me to wait a few days then to insert the new sim on Monday (yesterday). I inserted it today but it appears to have no provider, I can’t make calls or send texts?? Please help.
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions

@Lkendo 

You don't use a pac for this if your old tariff was also on O2.

Your upgrade is applied automatically to your account, so your old sim now has the new tariff on it.

If you wish to change sim cards, to get 5g, for example, you just do a sim swap from your old sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions

@Lkendo 

You don't use a pac for this if your old tariff was also on O2.

Your upgrade is applied automatically to your account, so your old sim now has the new tariff on it.

If you wish to change sim cards, to get 5g, for example, you just do a sim swap from your old sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2