Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim

KatieB21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just got a new upgrade and got my phone all set up with my new SIM. When I upgraded I was told by O2 that my number would automatically stay the same. 

The reason I got a new phone was because my old one broke and there's no way of getting into it anymore. 

I've still got no signal and network with my new SIM. Obviously I can't use the 'swap my sim' option because I can't get into my old phone. 

How do I get my old phone number onto my new phone using this new SIM because I have also upgraded my calls and minutes. If I just pop my old sim in, will all the data, minutes etc transfer or do I need to do something?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You need to do a sim swap from old sim to new Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Edited to add, you can put your old sim in the phone as everything is on the phone. However your old sim wont be 5G.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You need to do a sim swap from old sim to new Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Edited to add, you can put your old sim in the phone as everything is on the phone. However your old sim wont be 5G.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Put the old sim in the new phone and then start the sim swap

Then put the new sim in the phone and keep rebooting it until you get network signal

Message 3 of 3