Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim

Colin5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve ordered a sim free phone but I’m still in contract. I assume I can just order a new sim and continue with my existing contract but use the sim in my new phone?
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Colin5 

The only need for a new SIM is if your current one doesn't fit the new phone or you need 5g. 

Otherwise, just use your old SIM.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Colin5 

The only need for a new SIM is if your current one doesn't fit the new phone or you need 5g. 

Otherwise, just use your old SIM.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Colin5 

Just use your old sim in your new phone.

If your new phone is 5G and you need a 5G sim, you will need a new one and can get it by going instore. They will swap everything over for you.

Or call O2 on any number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support Ask them to migrate your number to the new sim they send you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3