Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim

Kellie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, always been with 02, very happy but purchased 2 new 02 SIM only cards from Carphone warehouse,

1 for me, 1 for my daughter. I haven't put the new SIM in either phone yet, iPhone X & iPhone XR.

Do I need to actually switch the sims as my online account shows my new deal, obviously we both want to keep our numbers, I'm just a little confused & worried I'm gonna end up with 2 bills for each phone, tried to call 02 but they are very busy.

Any advice would be great, thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Yes you will need to switch to the new sims, and to do this you will need to call customer services.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Kellie Customer service is extemely busy owing to the current crisis. Best time to call is 8 am to try to get through.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Kellie 

Did you upgrade to get these new sims or just buy as new contracts.

As you say your online account shows the new details, this would suggest an upgrade and O2 would have switched your tariffs on the system, so you can just carry on using your current sim cards.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Kellie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes it was an upgrade, so I don't need to do anything, that's great news

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Kellie 

Perfect slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6