Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim only contract and no network?!

jaybee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I upgraded my contract to sim only 5g and bought a new iPhone 13 mini (direct from Apple so unlocked to all networks etc) 

I did the sim swap and my old sim has now lost connection. Popped my new one in and it’s not working, i did this on the 5/5/22 and still only have wifi. 
I’ve spoke to customer services who say my account is all fine and the sim is activated. 

seem to be hitting a wall in terms of getting network connection, any suggestions before I go to a shop and get a new sim?

thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@jaybee 

Sounds like a new sim is your only option.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@jaybee 

Sounds like a new sim is your only option.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

jaybee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That’s pretty annoying. A weird thing is that I did have network for about 90 minutes two days ago, then it went and nothing. Ah well new sim I guess…

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

I appears to be a common fault just lately @jaybee 

Take ID with you to the store as they won't be able to send a verification text to your phone.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4