Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: New resident + paymonthly sim only

Really? A work contract should be taken into account.. in addition to the credit check.
I'm having trouble to get a car loan because I've been for so little in the country.
They should look at my contract: i'm a doctor earning 80k+ a year on a permanent position.
Highlighted
Anonymous

IF YOU HAVE ANY SENSE GO TO ANYYYYY OTHER NET IF YOU WAN'T TO GET ANY ISSUED RESOLVED, BECAUSE ONCE YOU SIGN UP O2 DON'T GIVE A DAMMMMMMMMM.
Highlighted
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Really? A work contract should be taken into account.. in addition to the credit check.
I'm having trouble to get a car loan because I've been for so little in the country.
They should look at my contract: i'm a doctor earning 80k+ a year on a permanent position.

It does depend on the criteria of the company you are applying with. With most of the mobile networks, you only have to fit a simple set of criteria than say a mortgage who will look at your income. Comes down to value of the credit being applied for.
In regards to your position, its more likely that because you have been in the country for a short time - less than 3 years - then you will struggle to get credit for most things as you literally have no record of being in the UK therefore you are classed as a risk!
Posters on this forum who are UK citizens have found to be in the same situation as you because they haven't taken credit in the past so their credit scoring is low therefore a risk! There's lots of info over at moneysavingexpert.co.uk on the subject of credit scoring.