Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plan tonsharebdata

Chrisbax14
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I am currently an EE customer but looking to renew contracts. I have seen a great deal on an O2 iPhone however i currently have a sharer sim with my daughter which I would like to continue. I don’t want to commit to this phone until I know if I can get another sim for her to use on her phone and share the data.

The deal includes double the data, pay for 25 GB and get 50 GB for the length of the contract. I have read some pages that say you can only share data if it is between 1 and 19GB. If this is the case then I assume there is no way to purchase this contract and share the data. Is this correct?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chrisbax14
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks everyone. Clearly this contract is not for me. Prices from 02 direct are ice £20 a month more.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can share on any phone tariffs above 1gb https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Chrisbax14
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks. How will I know if the contract is ‘sharer-capable tariff’, there is no mention of this on the website selling the contract. It also states it needs to be a ‘refresh tariff’, how do I know if this is the case?
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Refresh is standard if you buy from o2 directly. You can nominate the tariff as lead when you take it out and then add any other contracts to the main one.
Just make sure you nominate it as a lead shared tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Chrisbax14
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Just looked under the eligible tariffs and it states

Sharer plans aren't available with the Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus, on 5GB+ O2 Refresh tariffs. All other O2 Refresh tariffs with 1GB-19GB data, are eligible for a sharer plan. Some older tariffs with 20GB or more are also eligible, but only if bought before 22 March 2017. Certain tariffs may only be eligible for a limited amount of time or be withdrawn altogether. Check this page regularly to keep up to date with eligible tariffs.
Message 5 of 9

Chrisbax14
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Also. I was going to purchase from a 3rd party web site. Is it not standard form all sites?
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chrisbax14

I didn't realise the S8 devices weren't included. A bit stupid as we have the S9 now and there is no mention of that being excluded?

In answer to your question above, no they aren't available from 3rd party sellers

Sharer plan devices can only be bought in an O2 store or by calling 0330 8800 908. If you already have two or more devices on O2, log into My O2 to see if you can switch to a sharer plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No from 3rd parties as it has to be a refresh contract.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Chrisbax14
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks everyone. Clearly this contract is not for me. Prices from 02 direct are ice £20 a month more.
Message 9 of 9