Did you mean: 

New phone

JoJo18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I’ve just taken out a new 02 contract via mobile phones Direct as it had a good deal on the phone she wanted. Having received it today what do I need to do to transfer her current phone number to the new phone - I know I have to ring 202 but prior to that so I need to charge the new phone so it’s active, put the new sim with the new number in or do I need to take the sim from her old phone and put it in the new phone? I’m not very clued up when it comes to stuff like this so any advice is greatly appreciated 

Thanks Jo

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions

@JoJo18

Full details can be found here Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I would make sure the new sim card is active in the new phone. 

Just be aware if the current contract is still active and in its minimum term you will need to pay all termination fees before the number can be migrated to the new contract. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions

@JoJo18

Full details can be found here Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I would make sure the new sim card is active in the new phone. 

Just be aware if the current contract is still active and in its minimum term you will need to pay all termination fees before the number can be migrated to the new contract. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

JoJo18
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you her contract is in the final few months so when I spoke to O2 the other day they said to ring 202 when she has received the phone and they can transfer her number which will terminate the old contract and initiate a final bill 

I just wasn’t sure wether I had to put the new SIM card in that came with the phone or the one from her old phone into the new one before ringing them 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@JoJo18 

You must use the new sim as the old one will be disconnected when the number transfers.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4