Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone

Sal1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I currently have a pay monthly deal but my android phone is too old to support Wif Fi calling, without a signal at home it means I cannot make calls from my phone, vital now that I am working from home. Plus I don't have unlimited minutes on my current contract (due to end July 20)

I have bought a new sim free Samsung which will have Wi Fi calling. I'd like to know.

If I then buy a new pay monthly sim to put in the new phone, how can I then transfer the number from my old phone and more importantly, replace my previous contract with the new sim only monthly contract.

One thought was to run the two phones independently (with two different numbers) until my previous contract ends in July.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

S

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Sal1 

If your old sim fits your new phone just put it in the new device.

Info and Wifi calling here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Sal1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but I am not sure it will but I will look at that when I receive the new phone. My current phone is a Samsung S5 mini so abit old

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Sal1 wrote:

Thanks but I am not sure it will but I will look at that when I receive the new phone. My current phone is a Samsung S5 mini so abit old

No it wont. The S5 was a micro sim. Now it may be a 3-1 sim where you push the middle part out to make it a nano sim @Sal1 (which is what you need) If not, ordering a new sim will be required.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Sal1 

How much are you paying on old contract?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5