cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone order not delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I ordered a new phone on upgrade last Saturday. I placed the order online and entered my adddress and billing info manually. I then got a confirmation through with my old address details (still on file as i moved last year). To be clear i manually entered my new address details but after the order placed the system seems to have defaulted all this to the info on file.

I then phoned o2 and told them this, they said that as it was the weekend they would have to call the courrier on Monday and change the delivery address and that they would do this. My item was then delivered Monday evening, to yes you've guessed it, my old address. The delivery was refused.

I spoke to o2 on Tuesday and they apologised and confirmed that the courier would deliver the device on Wednesday (yesterday) and credited my account with £10 for the hassle.

Again the phone was not delivered.

I then spent 2 hours today talking with various "customer service" people who have so far managed not to resolve anything. I am now been told i will have to cancel my contract and buy a new phone and plan with o2, which is one of the most ridiculous things i've ever heard.

Anyone got any experience of getting through to anyone at o2 who can genuinely help me with this, or even someone who talks some sense. At the moment it's just a fustration of getting incorrect and poor information, and frankly i can't believe it is that hard for o2 to send me a phone which i paid for last Saturday.

Cheers

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I understand the security of only being delivered to your billing address in one sense....but then Amazon give you an option to send expensive goods to an alternative address. I have done this with a phone I bought for my son and other things for different people. Not sure then what the difference is?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 13

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I think it's risky for amazon tbh.
Many places will only deliver to registered card holders address which is certainly the safest way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I think its risky certainly...but expensive stuff HAS to be signed for and I get an email notification telling me my item has been delivered to so and so address and the name of the person who signed for it....

In fact there was one occasion when there was no one in to sign and it was returned.....I was notified of that...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 13