Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone, no texts coming through after set up

staceyh26
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had an old iphone se (2016) and ugraded to a new one yesterday. it arrvied today, the new iphone SE 2020 I put the new sim in, and on my old phone I messaged the swap number and followed the instructions. All well so far, calls and imessages working ok. assumed it was great and can get rid of my old one, but if someone texts me from any other phone rather than an iphone, it doesnt work meaning my texts arent coming through. I have also tried to set up apps and each one says they will send me a confirmation texts with a verification code, I haven't received any of these on my new phone, and my old phone / sim says no service now. 

So Have I done something wrong? Any help would be appreciated as I'm currently sheilding and cant get out or supplies without using my phone asking family for assistance. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@staceyh26 There is known issue involving texting that O2 are aware of and are working on. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

staceyh26
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for replying, good to know, I thought i'd done something wrong and messed it up. Thank you!

Message 4 of 4