Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

New phone is showing in 'My O2', where's my old one?

Hi Guys,

Me again lol, hopefully this is an easier answer Smiley Happy

My new contract phone order is confirmed and being delivered tomorrow and 'My O2' now shows this new phones, bills, options, etc.

My question is where has my PAYG mobile gone? Isn't it possible to have 2 phones on one acccount? I will be maintaining both phones. Should I make a second account for my old PAYG mobile?

Thanks, Russ

Highlighted
Topics: 129
Kudos: 236
Blog Posts: 1
Solutions: 42

Re: New phone is showing in 'My O2', where's my old one?

No but I believe you can link associated accounts.

Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Try this:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Mob...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the quick replies guys,

I did already find the bit about linking accounts, but before creating a second one I wanted to check that I needed to. My current account had my PAYG phone on it until I ordered my contract phone when it disappeared. Will I be able to link the old PAYG phone to a new account when it was already linked to mine?

Thanks, Russ

Highlighted
Anonymous

Ok, so I tried to create a new account for my PAYG phone with intention of linking accounts as mentioned. But it won't let me, it says it's already linked to an account....my current account that has been taken over by my contract phone.

Any ideas? Please? Smiley Happy

Russ
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

[ Edited ]

You can't create accounts, that is done by O2 when you start the account.

If you're having trouble viewing or linking them give O2 a ring.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Just had a live-chat, it seems there is nothing they can do about it. Will just have to give it a day or two and see if it settles as the account only went live today.

If it doesn't sort itself out I'll have to manage it through calls to the topup, bolt-on, etc lines I guess lol

Thanks again for everyone's help, between this and another issue I've not had a lot of luck with this order lol

Russ